Thursday, April 25, 2013

Boston Strong


I remember the 9/11 attacks, they occured when I was in first grade and all I really remember was that we were redoing our floors and I was so upset that none of my regular tv shows were on because the news took over every channel. I was too young to feel much of an impact or really know what this meant at the time all I knew was it was called terrorism and that I was scared. Now I am older and see the true impact of the events of 9/11 and am also able to see and understand about the attacks at the Boston marathon. When I first heard none of it felt real, then I thought about all my loved ones that I knew were at and participating in the marathon. It made me concerned about them. Why would anyone think that this was an okay thing to do? To hurt innocent people at an event that is supposed to be joyous, one of Boston's proudest events. I think it was continue to be a proud event now because we saw how everyone came together to help others, we showed that we are not a city to be messed. I have never been more proud to call Boston my home than after the attacks. The strength of our city continues to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment